Friday, January 14, 2011

The End

Miles: 1345.6
Gallons Burned: 60.28
Total Miles: 17268.2
Total Gallons Burned: 590.7

That's it for my 2010 road tripping. The numbers are in and the year of the road is over. So Technically speaking my blog ends here. I have see so much and enjoyed the company of truly amazing people from in between long stretches of road. There really isn't anything more to say.
Well that's not entirely accurate. Life is a road trip. Seriously it is. Each of us starts out from home and embarks on a quest for fulfillment; a life long journey to find what we all need. Some pursue a career, others that perfect person to journey with, still others pursue freedom in financial stability, and then there's me. What do I pursue? On my life's road trip where am I going?
This topic was the sole focus of my thoughts this morning. I officially kicked off my Mount Rainier Training today by riding 20 miles on my mountain bike around the brutally windy Alki Point. I didn't take any music, lectures, or sermons, I just rode in silence. I asked what would you have me do Lord? Who should I spend time with? What is my right path? Do you want me to pursue that one gal? What does my next 5 years look like? Is there someone I need to be mentoring? Where should I focus my time?
As a 24 year old driver, my road trip is still only beginning the maps are out and I am pouring over them. My God already has it all worked out. It'll be fine. It might have dangerous mountain passes (check out the link it was really sweet) or seasons of lonely despair. My road may wind through the valley of Death's Shadow and past the death of best friends, it may be an awful road.

What if it is? What if all the worst things happen along side and right in the middle of my road? It doesn't matter because I know where my life's road trip is going. I will park my ride, toss the keys, and stroll into the house of the Lord in the end. THE END.




My New Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment