Saturday, January 23, 2010

Miles: 3124
Gallons Burned: 100
Caffeinated Drinks: 25

I made it to Albuquerque NM against all odds and alive. The widow maker that hit California turned into a very heavy snowstorm in AZ and my GPS tried to kill me by sending me down HWY 60 LINK. I just stopped here last night and slept. Note the 6500ft pass to the northeast and the 6000ft pass to the southwest. The heavy snow made either passage impossible but the night was relatively warm so I was comfortable. The trooper who showed up said my choice to stay put was wise, however I contend my single-minded determination to go forward was as Erasmus would say a "praise of folly".

Anyway, I am in New Mexico sitting in a coffee shop so life is good even when life's transience shows through.
Now pics of the ABQ campus of my church:


In case you are wondering "LOBOS" is the mascot of the nearby U of New Mexico

1 comment: