Friday, January 22, 2010

Tales of California's North Coast

Miles: 2331.9
Gallons Burned: ~80
Caffeinated Drinks: 18

Right now I am sitting in my car in Joshua Tree National Park...in Snow. That's right this place boasts 350 days each year of sun. So of course I came during the 1 day each decade it snows!!!?! Seriously, I'm having a blast. I am enjoying J.R.R. Tolkien's Silmarillion audio book (thanks Mora & Eric), so I apologize in advance if some Chaucer-esque verbiage escapes into my posts. The original plan called for me to be at the Grand Canyon today, but due to three winter storms that have dumped nearly 2 feet of snow there, I detoured South to experience the flooded and frozen deep desert.

As I sit in the ice and snow powering my netbook via a power inverter, how about I tell you the story of my time in San Francisco:




I took public transportation to ford the 65 miles betwixt SJ and SF.

The City's skyline from the Oakland Bridge Westward.

I really like this bridge. It beats the Golden Gate hands down.

I walked the entire waterfront from baseball great Mays' statue at Giants' Park to the Presidio. Then up the hills to Lombard Street:


This Windows Movie Maker video is a compilation of 58 still photos taken from the top of the world's crooked street to the base. It is my first attempt at a Movie Maker project, so feel free to leave feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment